Figma is seeking a Motion Designer to join the Brand Studio, a multidisciplinary group of designers, makers, and strategists.
This passionate team gives shape to the ways Figma shows up and interacts with the world through brand touch-points, marketing efforts, and social channels.
The team values makers who are curious, think deeply, are ego-free, enjoy collaboration, and appreciate feedback.
As a Motion Designer, you bring to life a variety of dynamic brand expressions across many surfaces including Figma’s website, social channels, and events.
This is a highly collaborative role, partnering closely with Go-To-Market teams to give shape to projects that build awareness of the Figma brand and product benefits in engaging and novel ways.
This role is essential in maintaining and evolving our brand’s motion design sensibility and actively provides a critical eye to the level of detail, polish, craft, and consistency in our overall output.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated systems thinker with a deep understanding of visual storytelling and excited to elevate any project.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Contribute to all stages of animation/video creative development, from ideation and storyboarding to production and final delivery
- Develop, champion and influence how Figma’s brand expresses itself through motion and develop guidelines, systems, and processes to ensure quality and consistency at scale
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (ex: editorial, social, events, research, product marketing, etc) in ways that elevate and inform the team’s output
- Lead as a domain expert by pitching new video concepts and formats that serve our global audience
- Work closely with designers and developers in implementing engaging and dynamic motion solutions across Figma’s web surfaces
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of motion design experience
- A dynamic portfolio and/or motion reel showcasing technical 2D animation expertise, a high level of craft, and a great sense of timing
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and design rationale
- Experience working independently, driving multiple projects at a time, and iterating quickly
- Experience in building and extending motion systems
While it’s not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- Comfortable in your soft skills: listening, negotiating, and decision-making
- Strong critical thinking and storytelling skills
Pay Transparency Disclosure
If based in Figma’s San Francisco or New York hub offices, this role has the annual base salary range stated below.
Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. The listed range is a guideline, and the range for this role may be modified. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, the pay range is localized according to employee work location by a factor of between 80% and 100% of range. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Figma offers equity to employees, as well a competitive package of additional benefits, including health, dental & vision, retirement with company contribution, parental leave & reproductive or family planning support, mental health & wellness benefits, generous PTO, company recharge days, a learning & development stipend, a work from home stipend, and cell phone reimbursement. Figma also offers sales incentive pay for most sales roles. Figma’s compensation and benefits are subject to change and may be modified in the future. You may view our Pay Transparency Policy by clicking on the corresponding link.
Annual Base Salary Range (SF/NY Hub):
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace - we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com.