Framestore is looking for an Asset Generalist to join us in the London office.
This is a wide-ranging role within the asset team that will be responsible for asset creation across a variety of high-end content including Advertising, Episodic, and Immersive projects.
The Asset Generalist will be expected to take a hands-on approach to creating highly accurate and efficient CG assets across a variety of styles.
For this role in particular we’d like candidates to have an especially strong background in modelling, ideally creatures, but they should also have considerable knowledge of texturing and understanding of look development.
This will be a fixed-term role and project-specific initially, but we would be hopeful of extension.
- Execute accurate texturing and all types of assets, capturing accurate surface qualities for CG creatures and hard surface assets
- Creating models as briefed and/or in line with reference materials
- Understanding and following outlined naming conventions
- Maintaining and enforcing a strong pipelined workflow for asset building across the team whilst ensuring it's continued evolution
- Presenting models for progress review to leads, supervisors and clients
- Ensuring consistency of UV mapping
- Communicating with other departments and production in order to ensure that the asset meets relevant requirements
- Making changes or updates to assets as required
- Ongoing communication with production and leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Staying on schedule and meeting set deadlines while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- Providing support to junior members of the CG team and assisting in their continued development of skills.
- Extensive working knowledge of Substance Painter and/or Mari
- Good working knowledge of Maya and ZBrush
- Creative, resourceful and with strong spatial awareness
- Able to interpret and follow reference material to create clean, highly detailed and accurate assets
- Efficient with layout of UVs and awareness of texture requirements
- Strong polygonal subdivision modelling skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to organise own workflow in a meticulous manner
- Able to work well within a team
Additional desirable skills:
- Creative conceptual sculpting
- Knowledge of anatomy
- Knowledge of other areas of the pipeline groom, CFX, lighting, layout
- Knowledge of Arnold/Houdini
- Traditional art skills
- Photography experience for texture capture