This posting is for various project-based opportunities at IMAX throughout 2024 and beyond.
There may not be a current opening, so please connect, submit your portfolio and any other relevant information and we will get in touch when we're looking for experts.
We're always on the lookout for talented, ambitious freelancers with a passion for creativity and confident storytelling who want to create work that stands out, gets noticed and deliver IMAX-sized results.
Our projects cover a wide, and ever-evolving, range of skillsets and we'd love to have you in our network.
About The Role:
We’re looking for Motion Graphics Designers who believe in the power of design and can tell stories using compelling motion graphics, animation, and videos.
Our ideal candidates will have a strong motion graphics design background and are experts on AV workflows.
We are looking for individuals who have experience with After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and are knowledgeable in 3D software such as Cinema 4D.
What You’ll Do:
• Create engaging, high-quality motion graphics deliverables for IMAX Documentaries, social media, reels/videos, in-theatre lobbies, and the IMAX screens
• Integrate motion graphics into edited videos
• Create motion posters and cinemographs from key art files
• Participate in brainstorming sessions and share ideas as it relates to motion designs
• Pull mood boards and create style frames to pitch motion design concepts
• Build elements and/or templates that editors can use for their projects
• Work with Sr. Production Manager, Art Director, and Designers to develop designs
What You’ll Need:
• 5+ years of Motion Design experience at an agency, media company, design studio, brand or similar
• A strong creative portfolio
• Deep knowledge and passion for culture, movies, music, social trends, and IMAX
• Ability to ideate on concepts, design style frames, storyboards, and execution of creative ideas across all platforms
• Advanced knowledge of Motion Design software After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D knowledge is a plus
• Expert knowledge of 2D / 3D animation and motion design principles with advanced knowledge of typography, color, and layout
• Clear understanding of video and animation codecs and rendering
$42.10 - $110.00
At IMAX, you will be part of a culture built on respect – we are committed to creating a welcoming and diverse atmosphere across our organization.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.