Motion Graphics Artists concept and give life to Riot Games products. Your technical skills and keen aesthetic eye for motion and compositing will transform static images into interactive works of art.
You will make creative decisions to define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition, and function in collaboration with artists, designers, and engineers.
As a Motion Graphics Artist in the R&D Office, you will design, lead, and execute on all of Project L’s motion needs including: UI animatics, interaction states, full-motion user flows, and more.
You will collaborate with Visual Design, UX Design, Audio, Engineering, and QA to guarantee motion is used to add clarity and excitement to the work.
- Create UI animatics by taking the visuals of menus, buttons, navigation flows, and UI and animating them according to Riot’s and Project L’s quality bar and style
- Create motion graphics with Unreal Engine 5, including documenting motion conventions and best practices for future artists to leverage
- Confidently operate as a subject matter expert on motion graphics on the team, able to effectively communicate and represent when motion is best used
- Understand and present the product features goals temporally, breathe life into the game experience by adding dynamic elements and visual effects to static artwork
- Deliver feedback with Riot and external partners to guarantee high-quality work.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a motion graphics artist
- Experience animating dynamic and functional User Interfaces
- Experience working in 3D with motion including Maya, 3ds Max, or other industry-standard plug-ins and/or Figma
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects
- Knowledge of fighting game genre and community
- Experience in Unreal, Blueprints, and Material Editor
- Knowledge of best practices for optimized asset creation and implementation.
- Experience in graphic design with an eye for composition, typography, and visual storytelling.
- Knowledge of UX design principles and considerations
- Willingness to learn new tools, techniques, and workflows as technologies evolve and new features are introduced to Unreal Engine.
- Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and iterate on UI designs based on user feedback and testing.
- Passion for Games: A genuine passion for video games and an understanding of the interactive medium.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Redwood City only) Base salary range between $153,400.00 - $214,400.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $140,100.00 - $195,700.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).