In every one of our offices, you’ll find the simple secrets to our success: People who have found their purpose. Teams that are encouraged to collaborate. Thinkers, dreamers and builders who are naturally both creative and strategic.
At Siegel+Gale, you’ll have an endless supply of new experiences as you do work that connects with people all over the world—and you’ll do it in an environment that helps you grow.
As Senior Motion Designer at Siegel+Gale, you will:
- Partner with colleagues in the design team and across other disciplines such as brand strategy, brand communications and brand experience to imagine and develop how creative platforms can translate into captivating yet useful dynamic brand expressions across common touchpoints and channels
- Draw from your deep experience of working in industry-standard motion design software to craft elegant and original motion designs and video content that range from one-off animations to comprehensive motion design systems
- Consult Creative Director(s) and collaborate with the creative team throughout all stages of an assignment from ideation through implementation to ensure your motion designs are on strategy and in alignment with static design treatments
- Codify the properties and behaviors of motion design toolkits in design standards that guide clients’ teams and partner agencies in the execution of motion graphics according to the original design intent
- Ensure feasibility and utility of motion designs, and apply your technical expertise to develop motion assets according to common specifications of broadcast and digital channels
- Experiment and innovate to continuously advance our thinking, methodologies and work product
- In coordination with Creative and Design Director(s), engage and collaborate with external resources for complementary skills that broaden our means of expression
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and maintain efficiency and effectiveness in processes, methodologies and deliverables while continuously evaluating work against project objectives
- Prepare and conduct presentations and build rapport with client partners as appropriate
- Contribute to knowledge sharing efforts and to raising the profile of S+G’s design practice through the development of thought leadership materials
- Proactively maintain expertise in current and emerging software tools
You’re a great fit for this position if you are:
- An innovative thinker—a visionary who conceives unexpected yet relevant creative concepts, willing to occasionally throw convention aside to generate an outstanding creative product
- An accomplished craftsperson—a meticulous artisan who shapes brand expressions and design solutions to utmost aesthetic beauty while paying attention to detail to ensure successful implementation
- A natural coach—a mentor and teacher who leads by example and brings out the best in the team while helping juniors to advance along their career path
- A storyteller—an engaging presenter who can communicate with a sense of gravitas and clear comprehension of the subject matter in client meetings and during day-to-day conversations with clients and partners alike
- A brand aficionado—a person who genuinely loves what Siegel+Gale does and as a result contributes with new insights and perspective, inspiring the team to excel in their creative endeavors
- A fun colleague—an amiable ally who is approachable and easy to work with, interested in pushing the quality of our work for the success of the collective rather than personal glory
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- 7+ years of experience in the design industry with hands-on motion design experience
- Strong graphic design skills with a keen eye for composition, color, typography and use of graphic language
- Understanding of brand identity and experience design in service of meeting a brand’s business objectives
- Extensive experience in tackling required tasks throughout the process of creating motion graphics, e.g., development of storyboards and animatics, 2D and 2.5D animation design, editing, encoding, etc.
- Working knowledge of requirements for developing production-ready motion assets for use in broadcast, events, websites, social media, etc
- Second-nature command of After Effects including plug-ins and extensions to streamline workflow
- Strong knowledge of Creative Cloud (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) as well as Keynote
- Familiarity with 3D motion and modeling software (e.g., Cinema 4D)
- Knowledge of working within the constraints of code-based animation and use of tools such as Lottie
- Experience in developing motion designs for digital experiences and prototypes
- Curiosity to experiment with generative art as well as augmented and virtual reality
- Aptitude to interface with clients and guide external resources
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle more than one project at a time
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to simplify
The salary range for this role is $80,000 to $100,000.
Please note, this is a hybrid position that can be based out of our LA or SF offices.
Siegel+Gale continually seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. As such, Siegel+Gale does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, or status as a protected veteran. This policy applies to all personnel activities and conditions of employment.