Axis Studios has an exciting opportunity for animators to join us across various projects.
We're looking for talented individuals to join us on this adventure, carrying out the position on-site or remotely.
The Keyframe Animator's primary function is to create high-quality character or creature animation for ongoing projects.
- Character and creature keyframe animation
- Facial keyframe animation
- Ability to shoot and showcase believable acting video reference that adds to the performance of characters.
- Collate references where and when necessary.
- Able to generate/discuss ideas with the lead/supe to make a shot work.
- Ability to switch gears and adapt quickly to different styles of animation from cartoony to realistic.
- Keen to learn new tools and pipeline.
- Accomplished examples of keyframe animation, both character acting and full-body
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Maya is essential
- Good communication skills and ability to work interactively with production and other departments to solve production challenges
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation, with a keen eye for character pose and staging
- Good knowledge of cinematography
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic real-world physics and their application for animation
- Proven production experience within a team
- Minimum of 3+ years experience