Marks is hiring a Motion Designer for our Marks Toronto studio!
Who are we?
Marks is a consumer experience agency creating engaging moments across the entire brand spectrum – from brand design and packaging to content and consumer connections. Rooted in a deep understanding of human behaviour, we are uniquely constructed to enable brands to win in an age of constant change.
A super-charged experience powerhouse - 700 people strong, with subject matter experts working collaboratively across 12 studios and 8 countries - we have helped some of the world’s biggest brands (Amazon, LEGO, PepsiCo, Target and AB InBev, to name a few) connect to their audiences and tackle the biggest challenges and opportunities of today’s consumer landscape.
About the Team
The Marks Content and Omni-channel team is our agile and talented agency-with-an-agency. They create smart, insight- driven omni-channel campaigns, programs, and content - bringing them to life across multiple touchpoints and mediums, both digital and physical.
A multidisciplinary group of problem-solvers, our team uncovers the truth behind client asks and needs, developing innovative and creative solutions that engage audiences, build brands, and drive sales.
Marks is seeking a motivated, talented and creative post-production Wizard to join our growing dynamic team in Toronto.
As a multidisciplinary motion designer and editor, you will play a vital role in collaborating with our team to develop and deliver video content across our Omni Channel and content teams working on an amazing roster of brands.
Our ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of motion graphics, video editing techniques, design and social media.
With a keen eye for detail, you thrive in a collaboratively and fast-paced environment, producing compelling video content that captivates our audience and aligns with our brand's messaging.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven video editing and motion graphics experience with a portfolio showcasing a range of video projects.
- Solid understanding of video editing principles, including pacing, storytelling, colour correction, and audio mixing.
- Knowledge of motion graphics, visual effects, and animation with a strong graphic design sensibility.
- Proficiency working with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A keen eye for sourcing images, footage, music and other assets.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team of content creators, editors, and producers.
- Strong communication skills are crucial, both written and verbal.
- A creative problem solver with a keen eye for detail and a passion for visual storytelling.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Basic understanding of video formats, conversions, codecs, and resolutions for various platforms.
- Collaborate with the creative team to understand the project's objectives and develop a clear direction.
- Enhance the visual storytelling through effective shot selection, transitions and audio integration.
- Integrate graphics, animations, and visual effects to enhance the video's impact and convey information effectively.
- Work closely with the content creators, creatives, producers, and other team members to understand project goals and provide creative input. Incorporate feedback to refine and improve the final product.
- Maintain an organized library of project files, assets, and resources for efficient access and collaboration.
- Edit content for various platforms and formats, including social media, websites, presentations, and more, while adhering to platform-specific requirements.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest video editing software, techniques, and trends to ensure efficient and innovative video production
Nice to Have’s…
- A degree or relevant certification in film production, multimedia, or a related field.
- Experience designing and creating storyboards, PPT and Keynote decks.
- General working knowledge of videography, cameras and lighting.
- General working knowledge of audio recording for voiceover.
- Interest emerging technologies and AI.
- Experience in a CGI-led studio environment.
Note: This job description does not form part of the employee’s contract of employment but is provided for guidance. The precise duties and responsibilities of any job may be expected to change over time.