The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors, and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility, and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Paris and Amsterdam.
We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Nuke Compositor is responsible for seamlessly integrating all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements.
They work closely with the Visual Effects Supervisor and CG Lead to composite the numerous elements that complete visual-effects shots.
- Working in collaboration with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots
- Taking briefs and direction from Lead Compositors and VFX Supervisors to execute assigned shots
- Integrating 2D, 3D, and live-action elements to high-end visual effects film standard
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines
- Ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management, and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
- Working with a good knowledge of color space principles
- At least 3 years of production experience with Nuke (Foundry) and an excellent working knowledge of the software.
- An excellent working knowledge of tracking software – PFTrack, Mocha Pro
- Familiarity with working with multiple render passes
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, color, and lighting
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and problem-solve
- An understanding of color space principles
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Experience in dealing and communicating with clients
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge
- Working knowledge of Flame (Autodesk).