The Flame Artist is responsible for assisting the flame team in producing high-level photorealistic images and creating seamless transitions between filmed footage and composited 2D and 3D elements.
The artist will have the opportunity to develop their skills by learning from senior-level staff and eventually be allowed to run smaller jobs independently.
The ideal candidate will work with senior flame artists, directors, VFX supervisors, editors, and CG supervisors to facilitate the production of elements in preparation for compositing.
- Working with offline edits, prepping initial conforms as needed
- Organizing media for archiving and liaising with data services to ensure the space is managed efficiently on the Flames
- Supporting the head of production and Producers in bidding projects while supporting the Creative Director
- QC and Mastering
What You Bring
The ideal candidate will bring knowledge of working with timelines, conforming and mastering deliverables.
They will bring a strong sense of compositing, color, design, and a thorough knowledge of the film industry.
They will bring knowledge of file formats and compression methods. They will be comfortable in a client-attended bay, developing creative and building rapport.
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Bring The Following
- Knowledge of cleanup, beauty work, element integration, and matte painting
- Extensive knowledge of extraction techniques of blue screen and green screen
- Solid knowledge of both VFX and finishing in Flame
- Nuke experience an advantage
- Knowledge of tracking software
- Excellent understanding of techniques and technologies related to CG and compositing
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Deliver work within established project targets and the high-quality standards of the company.
- Pro-active and an excellent communicator
- Ability to thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines.
Diversity And Inclusion At Company 3
Creativity has diversity at its core. We celebrate the value of each unique experience by being dedicated to fostering the most diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where every employee feels empowered and safe to show up to work as their full self.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Pay Range: $96.00 - $120.00 USD hourly
- The listed pay range represents the lowest to highest range that we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, local currency exchange rates, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, applicable law, and business or organizational needs.
The benefits for eligible part-time employees working 25 or more hours per week and full-time employees in the US include a comprehensive package of health, retirement, and insurance benefits and paid time off. The benefits for eligible project hires and part-time employees working less than 25 hours per week in the US include retirement, select insurance benefits, and where required by law, health benefits. For roles filled in Canada and other territories, local benefits plan offerings will apply.
Both external and internal candidates can apply for this role through this careers’ website.
The above compensation and benefits information is provided in accordance with various state and local pay transparency laws.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with applicable law.