We are a creative and Internet industry recognition company. Our organization owns and operates the industry’s leading awards including The Webby Awards – the Internet industry’s most coveted prize, in addition to The Anthem Awards, The Telly Awards, and more.
Our brands play a critical role in the creative and digital marketplace – signaling which companies and professionals are the best and which projects are setting standards of excellence.
While creativity and technology are at the core of what we do, a passion for the industry and people using it to drive change is what drives us.
We are searching for a new leader to join us to launch our newest initiative celebrating animation and motion design.
Recognition Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
This is a full-time, hybrid role, in our NYC Flatiron office.
Have your skills rewarded at Recognition Media
Animators and motion designers have yet to be properly recognized for their artistry, talent, and innovation.
Their contributions to film production, marketing and advertising, and more have been relegated to a “best animation” catch-all category – until now.
We believe the industry, craft, and creators of the finest animation and motion design deserve a stage of their own.
We seek a General Manager with a deep passion for and understanding of animation and motion design to lead our newest program, elevating the visibility of animation and motion design across all industries.
This leader will leverage their deep connections and years of experience in the animation and motion design industries to solidify our program as the authority on the best work being created today.
- Represent the brand to customers
- Speak publicly and lead community events
- Develop thought leadership related to animation and motion design trends
- Research and recruit industry partners and judges
- Annual program event leadership
- 5-7 years of experience in animation and/or motion design
- Passion for animation and motion design and our mission
- Proven ability to communicate well in a variety of settings and media
Nice to Haves
- Public speaking and event experience
- Experience with SalesForce, CRM, and email marketing
Compensation & Benefits
- ~$100K-125k annual salary
- Competitive compensation package with a generous incentive-based bonus program
- Comprehensive health care plan (health, dental, vision) with 100% of employee premiums (and 70% for dependents) paid by the company
- Annual enrollment options for FSA program, Dependent Care program, and TransitChek/Commuter program.
- Company-sponsored life insurance benefit
- Paid annual leave, paid time off, and paid sick leave
Working at Recognition Media is rewarding. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your résumé along with a note about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team using the APPLY TO THIS JOB button on this page.