We are looking for a full-time Senior-level Motion Designer to support TikTok Effect House for promotional materials.
The ideal candidate embraces challenge and growth, and thrives in a team environment.
- Brainstorm with creative team members and create designs inspired by style guides or creative briefs
- Deliver high-quality designs and animations in numerous styles, showing options and alternatives
- Understanding of the TikTok effect ecosystem and is able to use effects for storytelling
- Prototype new UI interactions / features
- Provide art-direction mentorship to junior motion designers
- Work closely with 2D designers to create a large range of motion design
- Conduct research about new industry standards, formats, techniques
- 4-year degree in design or related field is preferred
- 4+ years work experience as a motion graphic artist or related position
- Has mentor experience and project management skills - Strong conceptual thinker. Designers are expected to not just execute ideas, but also be a part of the initial creative process
- Strong communicator and ability to design and articulate your concepts in a clear, concise manner
- Good time management skills and creative situational awareness ability
- Must understand and be able to comply with brand identity & guidelines
- Understanding of visual design elements, color, and composition, as well as sensitivity to aesthetic and seasonal trends
- Ability to conceptualize across a broad range of aesthetics and styles, and visualize in 3 dimensions
- Detail-oriented. Ability to deliver a polished product under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with standard mobile platforms and AR technology. Experience with real-time systems and engines is recommended
- Intimate knowledge of industry tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects. Advanced knowledge of Cinema 4D
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly, in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be dependable, positive, open-minded, and be able to clearly communicate both verbally and visually.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace.
At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach.
We are passionate about this and hope you are too. TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
For Pay Transparency - Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $109000 - $218700 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.