About the Motion Design Team
Our mission is to inject life, usability, and delight into product through the building, testing, and technical implementation of UX motion.
Additionally, we support end-to-end vision exploration, production, and delivery, leveraging motion to envision and convey future-forward product concepts that inspire and influence direction.
Our team’s grounding principle: quality at scale, faster over time.
About the role
This internship is an opportunity to learn from and contribute to the product innovation process at the world’s leading streaming entertainment company.
You will be partnering with other Motion Designers, as well as Product Designers, Systems Designers, A/V Strategists, Visual Designers, Design Technologists, and Software Engineers to envision and develop applications and ideas for motion that will make the Netflix of tomorrow better than the version we have today.
You will walk away from this program with:
• Hands-on experience in the process of motion design at Netflix
• Sharpened motion design skills, learning from industry-leading motion experts
• Active participation in a cross-functional environment that focuses on delivering features globally
• New connections with industry peers and mentors
You have a creative, ‘maker’ mindset and are curious to develop your skills and understanding of Motion and Interaction Design. You are passionate about visual storytelling and improving usability through interactivity.
You have a strong desire to understand and solve problems using all of the tools in your toolbox, whether they are creative, technical, or both.
You possess solid foundational motion skills, and are passionate about expanding these skills.
You have an intense curiosity that compels you to try new technologies, design for new platforms and solve new interaction design problems.
You thrive on collaboration. You’re inclusive in your engagement with your team and cross-functional partners.
You have low ego, and you welcome honest, open feedback as easily as you give it.
What we’re looking for
- Current student graduating in December 2024 or Spring/Summer 2025 in an undergraduate or graduate course covering Motion Design, Motion Graphics, Visual Effects, Product Design, Human-Centered Design/Interaction, or other related fields.
- Strong proficiency with After Effects and other software for creating user interface animations and rapid user experience comps, animations, and prototypes
- Strong proficiency with design tools such as Figma
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, demonstrating a high level of self-motivation and organization
- Thrive in a fast-paced (sometimes ambiguous) environment
- A passion and taste for world-class design and user experiences
Nice to have
- Proficiency working with modern animation tools (Figma prototyping, Lottie, Protopie, Rive)
- Experience writing After Effects Expressions
- A love of movies, TV shows and interactive media
Internships at Netflix
At Netflix, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here.
We match qualified interns with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture.
Internships are paid and are a minimum of 12 weeks, with a choice of a few fixed start dates in May or June 2024 to accommodate varying school calendars. Conditions permitting, our 2024 summer internships will be located in our Los Gatos, CA office, or in our Los Angeles, CA office, depending on the team.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine the Intern top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for Netflix Internships is typically $40/hour - $110/hour.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.