WHAT’S A SENIOR MOTION DESIGNER AT HOOK?
Senior Motion Designers are passionate animators who bring visuals and narratives to life through their expert knowledge of animation principles, their proficiency with motion design and video editing tools, and their ability to lead complex projects.
They utilize their understanding of the craft and inquisitive nature to elevate the motion work done at Hook, while always learning and growing their skills.
Senior Motion Designers work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, consisting of visual designers, producers and creatives.
They use their motion expertise to help the team solve creative and technical challenges.
On small projects, they may be the sole motion designer while on larger projects they might provide guidance and oversight to additional animators.
Within the Motion Department, Senior Motion Designers are looked to as role models and standard-bearers for work quality and professionalism.
They actively participate in training and mentoring more junior designers, and they seek to build and uphold our growth-oriented culture.
As this team and client are based on the West Coast, this person must be able to be available to work PST hours.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Collaborate with the Design and Creative teams to ensure motion projects exceed client expectations, demonstrating the ability to provide an informed perspective on how motion design can solve a brand’s strategic challenges.
- Delegate tasks and help to oversee other motion designers on complex projects
- Leverage knowledge of animation, editing and post-production tools to consistently produce top-quality work
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Respond to client and creative feedback with thoughtful solutions that solve the underlying creative challenges
- Become proficient in the tools and workflows Hook uses on a daily basis
- Communicate clearly and frequently with teammates to maintain project cohesion
- Seek out opportunities to enrich our existing culture within the department and organization.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A thorough understanding of the 12 Principles of Animation
- Expert proficiency in After Effects and Premiere
- Working knowledge of Cinema 4D and 3D workflows, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Figma
- Deep knowledge of various video & audio formats and when to use them
- A thorough understanding of project management and motion production workflows
- The ability to work hours aligning with Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- A strong motion reel or portfolio that demonstrates your abilities as an animator and video editor
- An outlook that embraces challenges and new methods of thinking
- A friendly, collaborative attitude
Qualified applicants will include a resume and a statement of interest that lets us learn a little more about you.
We are a remote-first organization with a “work from wherever (within the US)” approach.
We're a collaborative group of people who love the internet and want to create phenomenal work. Company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
At Hook we value what makes everyone different, we look for the best talent no matter the background. We know that great work requires diverse perspectives which is why we strive to create a place of belonging where everyone can express who they are. Come join us!
Hook believes in compensation transparency and equity. We’ve designed a 10-level advancement framework that’s applied consistently across disciplines and departments and aligns to location-based salary ranges.
This role is leveled as a Senior I or Senior II depending on experience. During the interview process we’ll review your location, skills, experience, and other relevant factors to determine where you fall within our leveling framework and corresponding salary ranges. Please follow this link to learn more.